1/10 - This means a game is barely functional. No redeeming qualities. These titles are tragic.
2/10 - Functional, but still with enough bugs to infuriate. Not appealing, but it still can be called a
3/10 - Buggy gameplay gets in the way of an interesting idea/concept/story.
4/10 - Hardcore fans of this style of game might enjoy these games, but that’s about it.
5/10 - An average game. Some fun can be had.
6/10 - Enjoyable gameplay or a pleasing story hampered by some noticeable faults.
7/10 - Fun gameplay mixed with an interesting story or concept. Most people will get pleasure out of
8/10 – Exciting, engaging. Amusement for all.
9/10 - A game that players will come back to for years to come.
10/10 - Combines all the elements of a game into perfection.
1) American Gladiators
3) Battletoads &Double Dragon
7) Double Dragon
8) Double Dragon II: The Revenge
9) Dragon Warrior
11) Fester’s Quest
12) Final Fantasy
14) Ghosts and Goblins
16) Kirby’s Adventure
18) Mario Bros
19) Metal Gear
20) Mega Man
21) Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out
22) Captain Skyhawk
23) Ninja Gaiden
24) Nintendo World Cup
28) RBI Baseball
29) Spy Hunter
30) Super Mario Bros. 2
31) Super Mario Bros. 3
32) Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt
33) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
34) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game
36) The Legend of Zelda
37) The Punisher
38) Tiny Toon Adventures
39) Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Trouble in Wackyland
40) Yo! Noid
Sega Genesis (14)
2) Altered Beast
3) Comix Zone
4) Earthworm Jim
5) Ecco the Dolphin
6) Golden Axe
7) Disney’s Aladdin
8) Mortal Kombat
9) NBA Jam
10) Sonic The Hedgehog
11) Streets of Rage
12) Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage
13) Toy Story
1) Clay Fighter
2) Donkey Kong Country
3) Donkey Kong Country2: Diddy’s Kong Quest
4) Secret of Mana
5) Star Fox
6) Super Mario Kart
7) Super Mario RPH: Legend of the Seven Stars
8) Super Mario World
9) Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
10) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
1) Donkey Kong 64
2) F-Zero X
3) Gauntlet Legends
4) GoldenEye 007
5) The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
6) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
7) Mario Kart 64
8) Mario Party
9) Mario Party 2
10) Mario Tennis
11) Pokemon Snap
12) Paper Mario
13) South Park Rally
14) Star Fox 64
15) Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
16) Super Mario 64
17) Super Smash Bros.
18) Wipeout 64
19) Yoshi’s Story
1) Kingdom Hearts: Chains of Memory (2/4/12): 5/10 - Card system of battle is hard to use. Good Graphics. Sufficient story, but the Disney parts were almost the same as the other Kingdom Hearts. Obtaining good cards is more about luck then skill. You can get a good spell, with a low power value, and it's worthless.
1) B-17: Fortress in the Sky (11/26/11): 1/10 - The game is about 4 hours long. There are 25 missions that are all the same. It is frustratingly difficult to shoot down enemies because of blocky graphics. In most levels you don’t even need to shoot or dodge incoming fire from enemies to survive.
2) Burnout Legends (12/3/11-12/5/11): 3/10
3) Castlevania Dawn of Sorrows (4/21/12-4/24/12): 7/10 - Full Review
4) Chrono Trigger (4/13/12): 8/10 - Amusing story; an impressive 12 different endings. Combat is simple JRPG style, but battles are challenging.
5) Contra 4 (12/15/11): 6/10 - Arcade mode only. Challenges aren't worth doing. Arcade mode is short. Hard, but not infuriating.
6) Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure (11/29/11-12/3/11): 7/10 - Full Review
7) Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 days (2/4/12): 7/10
8) Kirby Canvas Curse (11/13/11): 7/10 - Short levels make for a great portable game. Challenging, but not annoyingly so. Short campaign (6 hours)
9) Kirby Squeak Squad (10/20/11): 5/10 - Short. Not innovative or challenging. Kirby sucks up enemies to gain powers ad infinitum
10) Mario Kart DS (12/5/11-12/12/11): SINGLE PLAYER ONLY (NOT COMPLETED) - This is meant to be a multiplayer game.
11) Mario Vs Donkey Kong 2 (1/9/12): 5/10 - SINGLE PLAYER ONLY- Easy puzzle game. Lemmingesh gameplay; lead the little Marios to the goal. There is not enough variation in the levels.
12) N+: (NOT COMPLETED) - Got annoyingly hard. Short levels with hard platforming. No graphics, simple enemies.
13) New Super Mario Bros. (11/19/11-11/24/11): 8/10 - Brought the N64 Mario moves to the DS (ground slam, wall jump, etc). Somehow Nintendo found new enemies to add to the Mario universe. The collection of Star Coins adds replay value.
14) Sim City DS: 6/10 - Sim City is Sim City. This version is simplified a little, making it easier for younger people to play. The touch screen makes it interesting and easier in my opinion.
15) The World Ends With You: (11/14/-11/20/11): 5/10 - Good story, but the gameplay gets boring and hurts your arm. There is no inventory management system. There is no need to upgrade gear; I was able to finish the game on normal without shopping for the last 10 hours. The whole cast are cookie cutter JRPG characters. The artwork and visuals are beautiful.
16) Trauma Center: Under the Knife (4/30/12-5/3/12): 5/10 - The story is amazingly awful. Operations are difficult and intense. There is a fair amount of variety to each operation.
17) Yoshi's Island DS (11/2/11): 8/10 - Challenging but inviting. There is limited replay value. The different babies Yoshi carries offer different abilities.
1) Resident Evil 4
2) Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
3) Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
4) Mario Kart: Double Dash
5) Soul Caliber 2
6) Mario Party 5
1) Final Fantasy 7: 10/10
2) Final Fantasy 8 (4/24/12-5/14/12): 5/10 - Full Review
3) Legend of Dragoon: 5/10
1) Burnout 3: Takedown
2) Burnout Revenge
3) Champions of Norath
4) DDR Max
5) Dark Cloud 2
6) Devil May Cry
7) Devil May Cry 3
8) Final Fantasy X
9) Final Fantasy X-2
10) Final Fantasy XII
11) God of War
12) God of War 2
13) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
14) Guitar Hero
15) Guitar Hero 2
16) Guitar Hero 3
18) Hulk Ultimate Destruction
19) Kingdom Hearts -8/10
20) Kingdom Hearts 2 - 8/10
21) Lego Star Wars
22) MLB Slugfest 2003
23) Marvel Vs Capcom 2
24) Maximo Vs the Army of Zin
25) Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
26) Psychonauts: (8/10) - Funny. A mind fuck of a platformer.
27) Ratchet: Deadlocked
28) Ratchet and Clank
29) Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
30) Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
31) Shadow of the Colossus
32) Sly 2: Band of Thieves
33) Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
34) Sly Cooper
35) The Mark of Kri
36) Ultimate Spider Man
37) Viewtiful Joe
38) Viewtiful Joe 2
39) X-Men Legends
40) X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse
1) Bioshock Infinite (3/28/13 - 3/31/13): 9/10 (11 hr 44 min to complete)
2) BIT.TRIP Presents Runner 2: Future Legend Of Rhythm Alien (9/4/13): - Too difficult for me to enjoy.
3) Crysis 3 (2/20/13-2/24/13): 7/10 - Full Review(9hrs 28 min to complete)
4) Dishonored (2/25/13-3/4/13): 9/10 - A vast, engaging stealth game, or a short action game. Both play-styles are engrossing. (9hrs 38 min to complete)
5) Dragon's Crown (8/7/13-8/17/13): 7/10 - Full Review
6) Dynasty Warrior 8 (7/19/13-7/21/13) – Very repetitive, boring, inane story with 1d characters.
7) God of War III (2/8/13-2/10/13): 7/10 - The first 6 hours of GoW III are a 10/10; the last 2 hours are a 5/10. (8 hrs 15 min to complete)
8) God of War: Ascension (3/12/13-3/16/13): 8/10 - SINGLE PLAYER ONLY - Full Review(8hrs 2 min to complete)
9) GTA: IV (6/18/13-6/21/13): (NOT COMPLETED) – 5/10 – GTA is GTA, except the driving is so terrible I got enraged every time I tried to play, and finally the terrible driving just made me stop playing.
10) Heavy Rain (4/22/13 – 4/26/13): 6/10 – Bugs and a weird control scheme mars an amazing, but at times predictable, story.
11) InFamous (Dec 2012): 8/10 - Full Review - Does an amazing job of making the player feel like Cole, a burgeoning super hero.
12) InFamous 2 (Dec 2012): 7/10 - Full Review
a. Festival of Blood (Dec 28, 2012): 7/10 - The story is okay, but it has some plot holes. There are new powers which are fun and cool. A fun new take on the first iteration of InFamous.
13) Injustice: Gods Among Us (4/18/13 – 4/21/13): 7/10 – Full Review(4 hrs 22 min to complete main campaign)
14) Jet Set Radio (8/20/13) – Short write up
15) Knytt Underground(8/19/13-8/20/13) – A quick look
16) Machinarium (6/21/13-6/30/13): 8/10 – Puzzle game with tough mental challaneges that takes place in a steam-punk Dr. Seuss world. Full Review(6hrs 26 min to complete)
17) Metro: Last Light (6/3/13-6/6/13): 8/10 – As in depth a world as Bioshock Infinite. I enjoyed the story a lot. Gun play is more realistic than Bioshock. Easier than the first Metro. Guns can be modded with things like extended clips or silencers. (9hrs 26 min to complete)
18) Rayman Legends (9/6/13-8/9/13) 8/10 – Silly platformer with great sound design. (7 hrs 21 min to complete only the main story)
19) Remember Me (6/7/13-6/13/13): 7/10 – Interesting story concept; one corporation controls all memories. It started out with people just wanting to forget their sorrows, and snowballed into erasing and replacing people’s memories. In practice, combat is similar to the Arkym franchise. There are two attack buttons and a dodge, a counter button was sorely missed. Combos are created in the combo lab by assigning types of hits to pre-determined combos. There are power hits, healing hits, and hits that lower cooldown of special abilities. Music accompanies the combos as you chain attacks together, like Luminess. The timing window for combos is too small. (10 hrs 26 min to complete)
20) Resident Evil: Revelations (5/25/13-5/30/13): 6/10 – Full Review(9hrs 4 min to complete)
21) Saints Row the Third (8/2/13-8/6/13): 7/10 – GTA clone which is as weird as possible. Using vehicles is mostly easy and intuitive. Problems with AI, and side mission repetition.
22) Saints Row IV (8/21/13-8/26/13) 5/10 - Way too many game breaking bugs and glitches. Otherwise, a great, silly fun game.
23) Spec-Ops: The Line (7/5/13-7/6/13): 8/10 – SINGLE PLAYER ONLY - Combat set pieces are frantic and balanced. The story is gripping, and I enjoyed the Fight-Club reminiscent ending. (6hrs 10 min to complete)
24) Sleeping Dogs (5/19/13-5/22/13) - (TTB-20 hours): 9/10 – Full Review(19 hrs 39 min to complete)
25) Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (3/17/13-3/21/13): 7/10 (13hrs 16 min to complete)
26) The Last of Us (6/13/13-6/18/13): 8/10 - SINGLE PLAYER ONLY – Full Review(13 hrs 5 min to complete)
27) Time and Eternity (7/22/13-7/25/13): 2/10 – The same 12 enemy models are repeated throughout, just with new colors. A perfect example of a JRPG, and a Skinner Box Game.
28) Uncharted Drake’s Fortune (3/11/13-3/12/13): 6/10 – An action movie in video game form. Clunky movement gets in the way of a great game. (6hrs 30 min to complete)
29) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (4/1/13-4/4/13): 8/10 (10hrs 46 min to complete)
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (4/10/13-4/13/13): 7/10 - Mini-Review(6 hrs 40 min to complete)31) X-Men Destiny(7/1/13-7/4/13): 4/10 (10 hrs 32 min to complete two playthroughs)
1) Crisis Core-Final Fantasy VII
2) Dissidia Final Fantasy: 6/10 - SINGLE PLAYER ONLY – Fast action 3D fighting game with an amazingly awful story.
3) Final Fantasy II
4) Final Fantasy IV
5) God of War: Chains of Olympus
6) Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep: 6/10 - Full Review(35hrs 25 min to complete)
8) MLB 2K12 (1/20/13): 3/10
9) Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
10) Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
1) Assassins Creed: 6/10 - Great graphics, fun gameplay at first. Gets repetitive
2) Batman: Arkym Asylum: 10/10 - Exciting, fast paced combat system. It is easy to immerse yourself in Batman's world.
3) Bioshock: 6/10 - Amazing Story. Same few enemies throughout. Very short (6 hours).
4) Bioshock 2 (1/6/12): 7/10 - Interesting story. Short. Vivid visuals; an impressive city under the sea. It is exhilarating to fight off the waves of enemies that come when your little sister is collecting Adam. Protecting little sisters never felt like a chore. (9hrs 15 min to complete)
5) Blue Dragon (1/19/13-2/7/13): 4/10
6) Brink (3/4/13-3/6/13): - Brink is a team based FPS packed with action; maybe too much action.
7) Dead Rising (4/16/12): (NOT COMPLETED) - The combat is clunky and infuriating. Killing zombies is fun for a little, but it gets old fast.
8) Deadly Premonition: The Directors Cut: (NOT COMPLETED) – played like a ps2 remake of a ps1 game.
9) Devil May Cry 4 (7/15/12): (NOT COMPLETED) - It is the same game as the first Devil May Cry, problems and all. No direction in missions makes for some time spent running around trying to find where to go. The combat is fun, but I have already done it three times before.
10) Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (3/31/12): 9/10 - No ending cutscene. Lots of promises from gods about what will happen when the player dies, but you never get to see any of it. The story is mediocre at best. It is an amazing game, but not a good RPG. (120 hrs to complete a large chunk of it)
12) Fable 2: (NOT COMPLETED) - Horribly boring third person combat. Boring story. There is not much to do in the game world.
13) Fallout 3 (10/15/11): 8/10 - Not a great main story. Hundreds of side quests/stories. An innovative limb selection combat system.
14) Final Fantasy 13: 7/10 - Beautiful story. (41 hrs 35 min total)
15) Final Fantasy 13-2: 5/10 - The story (which made little sense) ended with a to be continued. The first DLC ended in a to be continued. I paid for a full story, not part of one. You can capture and use monsters in battle, which adds some uniqueness to this sequel. Combat wasn't much more fun for me, even with the new monster allies. The leveling system is basically, 'hold A until you get all the abilities', sorta like the original.
16) Gears of War (1/13/13-1/16/13): 8/10 - SINGLE PLAYER ONLY – Full Review
17) Gears of War 2 (1/17/13-1/19/13): 6/10 - SINGLE PLAYER ONLY
18) Gears of War 3 (1/20/13-1/26/13): 8/10 - SINGLE PLAYER ONLY
19) Gears of War: Judgment (2013): 6/10 - SINGLE PLAYER ONLY – Boring story, bad ally AI who really like to melee, and the same old Gears of War combat. Running and taking cover still shouldn’t be the same button. (7 hrs 51 min to complete)
20) Mass Effect: 7/10 - Great morality system and a compelling story. Vehicle combat/travel is awful. The inventory system is agitating.
21) Mass Effect 2: 10/10 - An amazing story with engaging combat. Great replay value.
22) Mass Effect 3: 9/10
23) Marvel Ultimate Alliance: 6/10
24) Marvel Vs Capcom 3: 6/10 - Buggy. Easy to pick up, fun to play with others
25) Max Payne 3: 9/10 - A 10 hour long action movie. Bullet time is always fun.
26) Resident Evil 5
27) Stranglehold (2/16/13): (NOT COMPLETED) - A fun shooter designed to let you shoot everyone and blow up everything, and not to be an in depth piece of art to be analyzed and dissected The gameplay is copied from Max Payne quite a bit.
29) Tomb Raider (3/8/13 - 3/10/13): 9/10 - Full Review(9 hrs 45 min to complete)
30) Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3: 4/10 - A lot of bugs weren't fixed. New bugs were added. New character choices were awful and clearly designed to advertise upcoming movies/games.
1) TMNT: Turtles in Time: 6/10 - Fun, short arcade beat em up.
2) NFL Blitz: 6/10 - Almost an exact port of the N64 blitz. There are a few bugs which is not acceptable. Any incomplete pass behind the line of scrimmage, regardless of whether it was a forward pass, is considered a fumble. Going out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage is considered a 0 yard run, and the ball is placed on the original spot.
1) Actual Sunlight (2/15/13): 8/10 - Depressing as hell, but an interesting look into a suicidal persons world.
2) Alan Wake (8/29/13-9/1/13): 7/10
3) Bastion (12/8/11-12/12/11): 8/10
4) Batman: Arkham City (7/24/12): 9/10 Pretty much the same game as Arkham Asylum, which isn't a bad thing. Combat is still fun, the voice acting is still amazing (thank you Mark Hamill). The story is engrossing and as good as any Batman movie/cartoon.
a) HarleyQuinn'sRevenge DLC: 4/10 - The story is dull. You play as Robin half the time, which is kinda cool, but he has nowhere near as many gadgets or combat moves as Batman. The only difficulty in this campaign is caused by Robin's lack of skills. Very short. The voice acting is still amazing at least.
6) Boarderlands (11/22/11-12/5/11): 6/10 - SINGLE PLAYER ONLY
7) Breath of Death VII: 7/10 - Funny. Short, but still a great amount of content for the price.
8) Civilization 4 (3/5/13-3/8/13)
9) Cthulu Saves the World: 8/10 - An amazing 16-bit RPG. Funny, with enjoyable turn based RPG gameplay. The game has an exciting world to explore. Any fan of SNES RPG's will love this game.
11) Deus Ex:Human Revolution (10/24-11/14/11): 8/10 - Can play through using stealth tactics or by killing everyone in sight. An interesting story told with amazing graphics. Not much replay value, even with the two play-through styles. (TTB: 30 hours)
12) Diablo III: 3/10 - Tons of launch bugs.
13) Dragon Age Origins: (NOT COMPLETED) – KoToR set in a mythological universe. Difficulty varies from battle to battle way too much. Everything is voiced but the main character, which seemed weird.
14) Dungeon Defender (2/18/13): (NOT COMPLETED) - RPG elements get in the way of a good tower defense game. Too much inventory to deal with, Controls aren’t responsive enough.
15) F3AR (10/30/11): (NOT COMPLETED) - Not a lot of different enemies. Not scary. Not an interesting story.
16) Fallout 3: New Vegas (1/3/12): 7/10 - Shorter than the original Fallout 3 with the same immersive story and abundant sidequests to do. There are countless endings to the 40 hour campaign.
17) From Dust (4/14/13-4/15/13): (NOT COMPLETED) – Got unplayably buggy half way through. Pathing problems allow some npc’s to take a route while random other npc’s can’t. I finally couldn’t play anymore after the mouse started jumping to random spots every time I right-clicked.
18) Half Life (7/16/13 – 7/19/13): 5/10 – This doesn’t age well. FPS platforming is infuriatingly hard.
19) Half Life 2 (7/25/13-7/27/13) 7/10 – Interesting story, but it ends with a To Be Continued. A good ending would have made it an amazing story, but all the buildup just led to nowhere. That’s not cool when you take decades to develop the HL3. The gravity gun plus a great physics system equals immense fun. Again, the character is stripped of all equipment right near the end, which is always annoying. Good game, but not one of the best video games ever made.
20) Lone Survivor (2/16/13): (NOT COMPLETED)
21) Madballs in… Babo: Invasion (4/17/13 - 4/29/13): 4/10 - SINGLE PLAYER ONLY (3hrs 12 min to complete)
23) Magic the Gathering: 2013: 3/10 - The only changes from 2012 are tons of bugs, and new cards. Even with a love of Magic this game is annoying to play.
25) Max Payne (7/13/13-7/14/13) - first game with bullet time. The sound for my version was messed up, so I can’t accurately score the game. The combat was hard, bullets are abundant, and painkillers that heal are uncommon. (7hrs 50 min to complete)
26) Max Payne 2 (7/15/13-7/16/13) – Short. Weird confusing story. Bullet time is fun, and this game improved it from the first Max Payne. (5hrs 16 min to complete)
27) Metro 2033 (6/1/13-6/3/13): 7/10 – Difficult. Air filters are limited, headlight must be recharged manually, adding a fun survival aspect. Interesting nuclear post-apocalyptic world where humans live underground in the Metro due to the radioactivity of the surface.
29) Orcs Must Die (10/31/11): (NOT COMPLETED) - It became repetitive and boring.
30) Prince of Persia (2008) (7/7/13-7/10/13): 5/10 (10 hrs 47 min to complete)
31) Roller Coaster Tycoon (6/1/13): 5/10 – This needs a button to speed up time. Building roller coasters in interesting.
32) System Shock 2 (7/29/13-7/31/13) (NOT COMPLETED) - Survival horror, ammo and health packs are extremely limited. The world is persistent; whatever you drop will be there whenever you come back. One of the first games to do this I believe. 90’s shooters paved the way for a lot of things, but that doesn’t make the combat any less infuriatingly terrible.
34) Sol Survivor (5/18/12-5/21/12): 5/10 - Tower defense with unnecessary RPG elements. Players assume the role of a character with six abilities and six turrets to choose from. Overall there are a nice variety of turrets, but a lot of the difficulty comes from the limited choice of weapons and turrets for each character. Not challenging, even on hardest difficulty.
35) Spiral Knights (NOT COMPLETED: 2 Hours Played) – Generic dungeon crawler. Enemies drop “heat” which can be used to upgrade weapons. FTP, and item progression is slow, and I felt they were nudging me too hard towards buying heat with real money.
36) StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (3/24/13-3/28/13): Campaign Only
37) StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm (3/31/13-4/2/13): 8/10
38) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (1/4/13): 6/10 (32 hrs 2 min to complete)
39) Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic II (1/6/13-1/13/13): 3/10
40) The Baconing (5/10/12): (NOT COMPLETED) - A lack of a mini map and clear direction make this more annoying than fun to play.
41) The Binding of Isaac (8/18/12): 5/10 - Zelda gameplay with Asteroids controls.
42) Trine (3/7/11): 7/10 - You guide three quick-swap-able characters across beautiful levels containing inventive puzzles.
3) Dark Age of Camelot
4) Final Fantasy XI
5) Marvel Heroes
6) Realm of the Mad Gode (7/10/13) – 6/10 – Free, but items and potions can only be bought with real money. Permadeath. Since there is permadeath, I really don’t like how it limits potions to real money only. Huge maps, too huge, impossible to catch up to others.
1) DOTA2 (7/10/13-): 7/10 – It is fun to play with friends Items and skills have auras that can buff allies, so random players working together doesn’t really scratch the surface of what the game is. All characters are unlocked at start. Max level is 25.
2) League of Legends (7/15/13 – 7/16/13) – I played about 10 hours. Less complicated than DOTA2; less items, max level is 18 in each match. Matches earn points which can unlock new heroes, or you can buy points with cash. Lots of heroes to unlock. I enjoyed DOTA2’s deeper gameplay, but I liked LOL’s point system to unlock characters.